Reasons for Hiring a Business Attorney:
- The expertise of an attorney is needed to decide which kind of business structure i.e. corporation, LLC, LLP, Sole proprietorship etc. to opt for while deciding to start a business.
- Business attorneys are needed while forming a business entity, their advice and guidance is needed while forming articles of incorporation etc.
- They are needed for obtaining licenses and permits necessary, negotiate lease of office or retail space.
- They are necessary while filing a patent or registering a trademark, registering your business for federal and state tax identification numbers, help you file the tax forms according to the kind of entity your business is.
- Attorneys are needed to prepare contracts when you deal with suppliers, clients, as well as help guide you while signing contracts other people have prepared.
- Attorneys are needed to guide you regarding banking and financing, business negotiations, business planning and transactional business laws.
- Expertise of a qualified attorney is needed while acquisitions, mergers, sale of business or closure of business etc.
- Their guidance is necessary regarding civil, intellectual, labor, and environmental laws.
- They are hired to deal with litigations if any.
The Reasons for Hiring a Business Attorney are therefore many and attorneys are the backbone of any business entity. Hiring a good business attorney is a positive step taken towards success of the business venture. It is better to hire a large, reputed firm of attorneys as although the fee may be large you get the expertise of lawyers specializing in different areas of law. If you hire a sole practitioner, you may have to hire several different lawyer in due course of time. A large firm has all the legal expertise you may need, “under one roof.”
As there are many important reasons for hiring a business attorney, it is necessary to hire an experienced, reputed business attorney to guide your business towards the achievements of its goals. Several firms offer their services and professional help to make the process of starting and running a business easy.